2016 Cyber Monday Statistics from eBay Inc.
04 Jan 2017
The dust has cleared, and Cyber Monday 2016 stats are in. According to the eBay Inc. blog (http://www.ebayinc.com), here’s what was hot:
- A fragrance was sold every 2 seconds
- A watch was sold every 3 seconds
- A Pokemon item was sold every 4 seconds
- An iPhone was sold every 5 seconds
- A LEGO item was sold every 5 seconds
- A Fitbit was sold every 12 seconds
- A Apple Watch sold every 12 seconds
- A drone was sold every 16 seconds
- A Barbie item was sold every 18 seconds
- A TV was sold every 25 seconds
- A Hatchimal was sold every 30 seconds
Peak shopping time for desktop shoppers was 12 noon PST, while for mobile users and overall, peak shopping time was — as in 2015 — 7pm PST.
Keep this useful information in mind when you plan your 2017 holiday sales campaign.